Here you can find my papers. When possible, I've linked to a free print archived on Philpapers or elsewhere, as well as the version of record, which usually requires institutional access.
- Isra Black, ‘Refusing Life Prolonging Medical Treatment and the ECHR’ (2018) 38(2) OJLS 299 (free link).
- Isra Black and Ásgeir Helgason, ‘Using motivational interviewing to facilitate death talk in end-of-life care: an ethical analysis’ (2018) 17 BMC Palliative Care 51 (open access).
- Ralf J Jox, Isra Black, Gian Domenico Borasio, and Johanna Anneser, ‘Voluntary stopping of eating and drinking: is medical support ethically justified?’ 15(1) BMC Med 186 (open access).
- Isra Black and Lisa Forsberg, 'Would it be ethical to use motivational interviewing to increase family consent to deceased solid organ donation?' (2014) 40(1) Journal of Medical Ethics 63-68. JME. Philpapers postprint.
- Penney Lewis and Isra Black, 'Adherence to the Request Criterion in Jurisdictions where Assisted Dying is Lawful? A Review of the Criteria and Evidence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Oregon and Switzerland' (2013) 41(4) Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 885-898. Philpapers postprint.
- Penney Lewis and Isra Black, 'Reporting and scrutiny of reported cases in four jurisdictions where assisted dying is lawful: a review of the evidence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Oregon and Switzerland' (2013) 13(4) Medical Law International 221-239. Philpapers postprint.
- Isra Black, 'Existential Suffering and The Extent of the Right to Physician Assisted Suicide in Switzerland: Gross v Switzerland' (2014) 22(1) Medical Law Review 109-118.
- Isra Black, 'A postscript to Gross v Switzerland' (2014) 22(4) Medical Law Review 656.
- Isra Black, 'Suicide assistance for mentally disordered individuals in Switzerland and the State’s positive obligation to facilitate dignified suicide: Haas c Suisse' (2012) 20(1) Medical Law Review 157-166. Philpapers postprint.
Contributions to edited books
- Penney Lewis and Isra Black, 'The effectiveness of legal safeguards in jurisdictions that allow assisted dying', Briefing Paper for the Commission on Assisted Dying (2012) (open access).
- Isra Black, ‘Better off dead? Best interests physician assisted death’. Please contact me at israblack [at] york.ac.uk for a copy.